CW Suter Services is looking for an experienced Commercial HVAC Equipment Startup Coordinator to join our team. We are rated among the area’s top employers as a local HVAC/Plumbing provider. We’re proud to say that our customers and our community know that they can count on us for fast, reliable service. Company-wide, our priority is to continually earn that reputation while providing total client satisfaction. Candidates must have some experience, be willing to travel and have a clean driving record. If you’re looking for a career where you’ll receive training, competitive benefits, job growth and flexibility this may be the opportunity for you.
We provide a workplace that individuals are proud of, where you are supported and encouraged. Where hard work, dedication, and results are rewarded. We offer opportunities for advancement, as well as knowledge and skill development with our apprenticeship program.
Primary Job Function:
The Startup Coordinator will be responsible for managing the commercial HVAC equipment startup team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise and schedule the startup team and prioritize work schedule to complete jobs on time.
- Coordinate work with all related trades such as commercial install, plumbing, electrical, controls and balancing.
- Resolve any issues that arise to include electrical, plumbing, airflow design, balancing and controls issues, as well as any engineering or equipment issues.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications for the job and relay the information to the team to conduct the installation and startup.
- Design and size refrigeration piping for large and small split systems, and VRV/VRF systems.
- Procurement of refrigeration specialties, piping, hangers, etc. to include getting multiple bids from suppliers.
- Assisting project managers with issues such as; getting refrigeration piping and specialties pricing before project bid day, estimation of time for installation/startup, equipment and/or project design, communications with project and equipment engineers.
- Working with General contractors to answer any questions that may come up such as equipment design, warranty issues, scheduling startup, piping locations, controls locations, owners training, etc.
- Conduct quality control inspections of installation, startup and warranty work performed.
- Assist job foreman and startup technicians with technical issues/questions that come up in the field.
- Ability to install, and complete startup on commercial equipment 5 to 50+ ton RTU’s, chillers, makeup air units, and boilers, this includes installation and design of refrigeration piping. Familiar with controls of such units to include experience with BACnet is a plus.
- Practice excellent customer relation skills both internally and externally.
- Attend service training classes to upgrade technical capabilities; strong desire to continually improve your professional expertise.
- Ability to educate customers on installed commercial equipment and services offered by CW Suter.
- Ability to complete data entry with laptop in a timely, and accurate manner, computer experience required for troubleshooting HVAC equipment.
- Must be able to withstand height of 50+ feet and confined spaces, also operate forklift, boom lift and scissor lifts.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to pass background and drug screening prior to employment.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented.
Perks & Benefits:
- Full Benefit package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Flexible schedule
- PTO & Holidays
- Company paid professional development & certifications through our Apprenticeship Program
- Tool Account