Just like a car, your air conditioner needs regular maintenance and service to run efficiently. At CW Suter Services, we recommend getting your AC unit cleaned and serviced at least once a year. The optimum time is in the spring to ensure that your system will run with the most efficiency during the hottest summer months. You need to rely on your air conditioner for comfort here in Sioux City.
Why is AC maintenance important?
The quick answer is because it saves you money!
As the air conditioner sits all winter long it collects dust and dirt that may be harmful to your unit. It can get its way into the cracks and crevices of the unit that can damage parts involved in the cooling process. When this happens, AC parts break down sooner than expected and can lead to costly repairs. Overall, it decreases the life of your HVAC system forcing you to purchase a new air conditioning system earlier than you may have planned.
Regular maintenance supports your system’s energy efficiency. One way you can take care of your unit is by replacing your air filter on a regular schedule. According to the US Department of Energy, this can reduce your energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent.
This translates to you spending less money on your utility bills. Professional maintenance alleviates higher bills and keeps your air conditioner working at its manufacturer’s intended efficiency. There are many tasks only a professional technician is trained to perform. Neglecting these professional tasks constitutes poor maintenance and will negatively affect your system in the long run, again, costing you money.
What will my service technician do during my regular maintenance?
Here’s an overview of what our highly-trained and professional service technicians will do to ensure your air conditioner will perform it’s best:
- Check thermostat for operation
- Clean evaporator drain line, condensate pump and traps
- Check indoor bearings
- Change filter
- Clean condenser coil
- Oil condenser fan motor
- Check condenser motor bearings
- Check belt and replace if necessary
- Check refrigerant charge
- Check temperate drop across air conditioner coil
- Check electrical connections
- Check equipment and verify integrity
- Check for obvious refrigerant leaks
- Check indoor blower motor relay
- Check superheat and sub-cool
- Check indoor motor for proper speed
- Check refrigeration system for proper operation
- Turn dampers to appropriate position
- Check control boards and sensors
- Add environment friendly treatment to drain pan
- Test stand alone capacitors
- Check motor amp draw
- Lubricate moving parts
Schedule your maintenance today
Your air conditioner is an investment that increases your home’s value and efficiency, as well as your health and comfort. It only makes sense that you want to protect that investment. With spring almost here, call us today at 712-252-3007 or request service online to be sure your maintenance is completed before you need to use your system this year!