CW Suter Services is looking for an experienced Commercial HVAC Equipment Startup Technician to join our team. We are rated among the area’s top employers as a local HVAC/Plumbing provider. We’re proud to say that our customers and our community know that they can count on us for fast, reliable service. Company-wide, our priority is to continually earn that reputation while providing total client satisfaction. Candidates must have some experience, be willing to travel and have a clean driving record. If you’re looking for a career where you’ll receive training, competitive benefits, job growth and flexibility this may be the opportunity for you.
We provide a workplace that individuals are proud of, where you are supported and encouraged. Where hard work, dedication, and results are rewarded. We offer opportunities for advancement, as well as knowledge and skill development with our apprenticeship program.
Primary Job Function
The technician will be responsible for commercial HVAC equipment startup, to include installation and controls integration.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ability to install, and complete startup on commercial equipment 5 to 50+ ton RTU’s, chillers, makeup air units, and boilers, this includes installation and design of refrigeration piping. Familiar with controls of such units to include experience with BACnet is a plus.
- Spot potential problems to prevent mechanical failures and callbacks.
- Practice excellent customer relation skills both internally and externally.
- Attend service training classes to upgrade technical capabilities; strong desire to continually improve your professional expertise.
- Ability to educate customers on installed commercial equipment and services offered by CW Suter.
- Ability to complete data entry with laptop in a timely, and accurate manner, computer experience required for troubleshooting HVAC equipment.
- Responsible for replenishing van inventory and accurately recording items used and keeping van’s interior/exterior cleaned and mechanically maintained.
- Must be able to withstand height of 50+ feet and confined spaces, also operate forklift, boom lift and scissor lifts.
- Must always display a clean, professional image in all areas, including personal appearance as well as organization and cleanliness of construction site.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to pass background and drug screening prior to employment.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
Perks & Benefits
- Full Benefit package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Flexible schedule
- PTO & Holidays
- Company paid professional development & certifications through our Apprenticeship Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program